Benefits of regular pedicures! Everyone knows that it feels nice to get a pedicure. Getting some extra time spent on pampering the toes and legs is always welcomed. Even the polished toenails look wonderful and make you feel so pleased with yourself. There are also physical benefits to getting a pedicure on a regular schedule. While your pedicurist is working on your feet, they are doing more than just playing with your toes. By removing the dead skin and calluses with either pumice, or other implements, your pedicurist is helping to improve the appearance as well as your comfort.
A pedicure is the most luxurious gift that you can give your feet. After walking and standing for hour after hour, day after day, your feet will appreciate a little TLC; your pedicure service generally includes steps:
1. Soaking feet in warm soapy water (with water jets for massage effect)
2. Buffing off calluses
3. Removing old polish
4. Trimming and/or filing down toenails
5. Digging around under toenails and on the sides of toenails with an orange stick or other narrow pointed tool to get all the lint and other gunk out
6. Buffing of toenails
7. Exfoliation of feet and calves with a grainy scrub, then rinsing them clean
8. Massage / application of lotion to feet and calves
9. Hot towels wrapped around feet
10. Cleaning of lotion, etc. off nails
11. Placement of tissue or other spreaders between toes
12. Application of base coat and polish color of your choice
13. Assistance in putting on sandals for the trip home.